City of Frederick 21701 Real Estate Statistics September 2014
provided by The Highland Group. City of Frederick real estate Statistics September 2014 have been published by MRIS*.
Here are the highlights for the 21701 zip codes in the City of Frederick:
- Average Sale Price: $270,700 compared to $259,100 last year, up 4%, and only 1% less than the average sale price in August.
- Average Single-family home: $308,100, Avg. detached home: $239,700
- Median Sale Price: $240,000 compared to $250,000 last year, -4%, and only 2% lower than August
- 53 Homes sold compared to 38 last year, +15%.
- Average days on market before getting a contract was 53 days compared to 38 last year, but lower than the previous month.
- Sellers got 95% of list price compared to 96% last year.
There are 236 active listings in the 21701 zip code, compared to 170 last year. The inventory is leveling off to a normal market. We are currently looking at a 5 month absorption rate. 62 homes went under contract in September, with 105 total homes currently under contract.
25% of homes sold in September were cash transactions. Evidence of investors and flippers in the market.
Remember: Real estate statistics are just a snapshot of year-over-year numbers, and don’t tell the full story. Contact Us for the full story.
*MRIS – Mid-Atlantic Regional Information System – These statistics are not guaranteed but are considered accurate.
Contact Chris Highland to see homes for sale in the Historic District